- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Place the flour on a plate. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. One cutlet at a time, coat the chicken in the flour (tapping off any excess).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook the chicken until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tablespoons water to the skillet. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the Marsala and cook until reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the butter and swirl until melted. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the parsley, and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the green beans in a steamer basket in a large saucepan until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with the chicken and mushroom sauce.