- 1 1/2 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut into 4 pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Pound each piece of steak to a 1/2-inch thickness. Season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Dip the steak first in the buttermilk, then the flour. Fry the steak in two batches in the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill.
- Serve the carrot slaw with the steak and lemon wedges.