- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets (about 4), 1/4 inch thick
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dredge in the flour, then in the eggs (letting any excess drip off), then in the bread crumbs.
- Working in two batches (using the remaining 3 tablespoons oil for second batch), cook the chicken until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans. Cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add the butter and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Divide the chicken among plates and serve with green beans.