- canola oil
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 chicken legs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 pound), cut into large florets
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Heat grill to medium. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate with canola oil.
- Combine the pistachios, parsley, capers, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest leg (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 15 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the broccoli, lemon slices, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill, turning occasionally, until the broccoli is golden brown and crispy, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Spread the yogurt on a plate and serve the chicken and broccoli over the top, drizzled with the pistachio-herb sauce.