Food Recipes Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 3.2 (250) 3 Reviews Keep this classic cookie recipe in the rotation for every event. By Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie is a chef and food editor with over 20 years of experience. Her work has appeared in Gourmet Magazine, Bon Appétit, AOL's Kitchen Daily, and Real Simple, among others. Highlights: * Over 20 years of experience in the food industry * Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management degree * Baking & Pastry certificate from the Institute of Culinary Education * Former food editor at Gourmet Magazine Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on December 19, 2022 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Victor Schrager Hands On Time: 20 mins Total Time: 1 hrs Yield: 48 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts These cookies are a classic for a reason. They are simple to assemble and even simpler to get right. First, mix the dry ingredients and then add your wet ingredients. Next, add hearty oats and raisins.Remember to rotate the baking sheet about halfway through so the cookies bake evenly. For best results, let the cookies cool for a few minutes after removing them from the oven, and then transfer them to a wire baking rack to cool completely. Ingredients 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon kosher salt ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup packed light brown sugar ½ cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking) 1 ½ cups raisins Directions Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. One at a time, beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the oats and raisins by hand. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 102 Calories 4g Fat 15g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 102 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 19mg 6% Sodium 52mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 15g 5% Total Sugars 7g Protein 2g Calcium 12mg 1% Iron 1mg 6% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.