- 1¼ pounds Great Hill Blue, Point Reyes' Original Blue, or Cowgirl Creamery's Red Hawk
- 1 pound Pierre Robert, Bingham Hill's Poudre Puff, or Sally Jackson's Guernsey
- 1¼ pounds Appleby's Cheshire, Cabot Creamery's Vintage Choice Cheddar, or Grafton Village Cheese Company's Four Star Cheddar
- red or green grapes, pears, apples, or clementines
- assorted breads and crackers
- Cheese tastes best at room temperature, so take your selections out of the refrigerator 2 hours before the party begins.
- Decorate the platters with the fruit. Serve with the bread and crackers.
Note: Offer 3 different types of cheese, and label them so guests don’t have to guess what they are eating and will know the name if they want to buy some for themselves.