- 4 sticks (2 cups) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups Cheddar, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350° F. With a mixer, beat the butter, Cheddar, and 4 teaspoons each salt and pepper until creamy (there will be visible bits of cheese), 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the flour a little at a time, 1 minute. Stir in the rice cereal.
- Using parchment, roll into 4 1½-inch-diameter logs; freeze until firm, 30 to 40 minutes. Using a serrated knife, slice ¼ inch thick.
- Bake on two parchment-lined baking sheets until lightly golden, 16 to 20 minutes. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.