- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces Cheddar, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices seven-grain bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make 4 sandwiches with the bacon, Cheddar, tomatoes, and bread. Spread ½ tablespoon of butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook until the sandwiches are golden and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.