- 3/4 pound cavatappi or other short pasta
- 6 ounces oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the sun-dried tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the oil and process until smooth.
- Add the sun-dried tomato mixture, almonds, and capers to the pasta and toss to combine.