- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound young or small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¾ cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are just tender and the water has cooked off, 15 to 17 minutes (adding ¼ cup more water to the pan if necessary).
- Add the vinegar and dill; toss to combine.