- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reserve half the sauce for dipping, if desired. Cook 1½ to 2 pounds of beef, pork, poultry, lamb, seafood, or tofu on a preheated grill to desired doneness. Brush on the sauce during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.