- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 peaches, unpeeled
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water. Place the dish in the heating oven until the butter melts. Remove from oven and stir to combine.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the pits. Arrange the peach halves in the dish cut-side down. Roast until the peaches are tender, about 20 minutes. If desired, slip the peach skins off and discard.
- Divide the warm peach halves among 6 bowls cut-side up, spoon the pan juices over the top, and serve with a scoop of the ice cream.