- 2 baguettes
- 2 8-ounce balls fresh mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cantaloupes, chilled, halved, and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Cut each baguette in half lengthwise, then in thirds crosswise.
- Layer the mozzarella and prosciutto on the bottom of each baguette portion. Drizzle with the oil and sandwich with the baguette tops; set aside.
- In a blender, puree the cantaloupe and salt. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with the pepper and mint. Serve with the sandwiches.