- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini or other white beans, drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, bring the beans, broth, garlic, bay leaf, and carrots to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Add the spinach, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Spoon the stew into bowls. Drizzle with the oil. If desired, add some vinegar or Parmesan.