- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup, salt, cayenne, and 1/4 cup water. Add the carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are just tender and the glaze has thickened, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing gently every few minutes. Sprinkle with the pepper.