- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat the poultry, meat, or seafood with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rub, pressing gently to help it adhere to the food.
- Cook on a lightly oiled grill to the desired doneness.
Note: Try this rub when grilling chicken wings, London broil, pork tenderloin, pork chops, shrimp, or salmon.