- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- shaved Parmesan
- 2 cups Parmesan Croutons
- Puree the garlic, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovies (if using) in a blender until smooth. With the blender running, add the oil in a steady stream. Season with the salt and pepper and thin to taste with the lemon juice.
- Drizzle over the romaine and add the Parmesan Croutons.
- Toss well and serve, garnished with the Parmesan.