- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs and run under cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and mash in a medium bowl with the mayonnaise, cheese, oil, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites. For an added (but not essential) garnish, sprinkle with the chives and additional Parmesan.