- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large unpeeled Fuji apple, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbages; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Add the apple slices.
- Pour over the cabbage and toss gently until coated. Cover and chill 1 hour or longer. To serve, spoon into salad bowls and sprinkle with the parsley (if desired).