- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the squash, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 11 to 13 minutes. Add the beans and ¼ cup water and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top the tortillas with the squash and beans, onion, cheese, and parsley, dividing evenly. Serve with the lime wedges (if desired).