- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- plain yogurt and lime zest, for serving
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the broth, parsnips, squash, and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve topped with the yogurt, lime zest, and pepper.