Food Recipes Buckeyes 3.2 (553) 10 Reviews By Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez Gina Marie is a chef and food editor with over 20 years of experience. Her work has appeared in Gourmet Magazine, Bon Appétit, AOL's Kitchen Daily, and Real Simple, among others. Highlights: * Over 20 years of experience in the food industry * Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management degree * Baking & Pastry certificate from the Institute of Culinary Education * Former food editor at Gourmet Magazine Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on April 21, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Raymond Hom Hands On Time: 30 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins Yield: 30 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¾ cup creamy peanut butter 1 stick unsalted butter, softened 2 cups confectioners’ sugar ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon kosher salt ½ pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped Directions With an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter at medium speed until creamy. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt (the mixture will be crumbly). Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a double boiler or a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring often, until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Resting each ball on the tines of a fork, lower it into the chocolate until it’s two-thirds covered. Refrigerate on the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes. Chef's Notes Storage suggestion: Keep the buckeyes refrigerated, between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 weeks. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 134 Calories 9g Fat 13g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 134 % Daily Value * Total Fat 9g 12% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 8mg 3% Sodium 47mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 13g 5% Total Sugars 11g Protein 2g Calcium 1mg 0% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.