- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) sliced unsalted roasted almonds
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the broth is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, almonds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and transfer to a serving bowl.