- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- kosher salt
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups water, the rice, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Stir once, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes. Sprinkle the rice with the broccoli, cover, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fold in the scallions, sesame seeds, and oil before serving.