- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 heads endive, halved
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the endive, cut-side down, and mustard seeds. Cook until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the chicken broth and wine. Cook, covered, over low heat until the endive is tender, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Top the endive with the sauce. Serve warm.