- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 small fennel bulbs, cut into wedges, plus 2 tablespoons fennel fronds
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoons fennel seeds, crushed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- salad, for serving
- Combine the chicken, fennel bulbs, broth, rice, onion, paprika, fennel seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook until the chicken and fennel are tender, on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with the fennel fronds. Serve with salad.