- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Soft polenta and chopped parsley, for serving
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil with kosher salt and black pepper until tender.
- Add the sweet Italian sausage. Cook until brown. Add 1 cup white wine; cook to reduce liquid by half. Add the celery stalks to the pot, along with the diced tomatoes. Simmer, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with soft polenta and chopped parsley.