- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw)
- grated rind from 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Using your fingertips or a pastry blender, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Mix in blueberries and lemon rind. Stir in the milk and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into pan. Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack.