- 3 cups white whole-wheat flour, plus more for shaping the dough
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1¼ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- ¾ cup milk, plus more for brushing
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and blend with a pastry blender or your fingers until crumbly. Fold in the blueberries and ginger. Stir in the milk.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into two 6-inch disks. Using a chef's knife, cut each disk into 6 wedges. Place the wedges on the prepared sheet, brush with milk, and sprinkle lightly with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake, rotating once, until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.