- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
Make the Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 9- or 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place in oven while it preheats. Combine blueberries and 1 tablespoon of the flour in a small bowl; toss to coat.
- Whisk cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1½ cups flour in a large bowl. Beat remaining 12 tablespoons butter in a separate large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until creamy, about 1 minute. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add milk and honey and beat on low until just combined. (Mixture may look grainy.) Add cornmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove skillet from oven and tilt to coat with melted butter. Spread batter in skillet and sprinkle blueberries evenly over top. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 38 minutes.
Make the Butter:
- Combine butter, honey, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Serve with warm cornbread.