- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks if large
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, plus more if needed
- corn bread, for serving
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil. Place the carrots in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and toss with the butter, oregano, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, rub the tilapia with the blackening seasoning. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook in batches until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Serve with the carrots and corn bread.