- 2 cups instant rice (such as Minute Rice)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 11-ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt 2 ½ tablespoons of the butter. Add the lemon juice.
- Working with 1 salmon fillet at a time, dip the top and bottom halves first in the lemon butter, then in the spices.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon until blackened, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir the corn, parsley, and remaining salt and butter into the rice. Transfer the salmon and rice to individual plates and serve with the lemon wedges.