- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (found in the international aisle)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 head escarole, washed and trimmed of tough leaves
- 12 ounces store-bought guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt, onion, and vinegar. Season with the pepper, then whisk in the oil.
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Pour ¾ of the dressing over them. Add the chipotle and cilantro. Toss, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
- Toss the escarole with the remaining dressing. Grill for 3 minutes, turning constantly, until just wilted and golden.
- Serve with the beans, guacamole, avocado, and lime wedges.