- 2 bunches beets (about 1½ lb.), tops trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup roasted, salted, shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Bring the beets and enough water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook until fork-tender, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size. Drain and cool.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Use a paper towel to rub the skins off the beets; cut into wedges. Spread the crème fraîche on a serving platter or each of 4 plates. Top with beets, shallot, and pistachios. Drizzle with the dressing and serve at room temperature.