- 4 medium beets (about 1½ pounds), peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, shaved
- Heat oven to 450° F. Toss the beets, 4 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Top with the mint, almonds, vinegar, ricotta salata, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.