- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 15.5-ounce cans pinto beans, rinsed
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 8 10-inch tortillas or wraps
- 12 ounces sharp white Cheddar, grated (about 3 cups)
- salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the chili powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beans, broth, and garlic and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, 2 to 4 minutes more. Fold in the spinach.
- Dividing evenly, top the tortillas with the quinoa (about ½ cup each), bean mixture (about ½ cup each), and Cheddar (about ⅓ cup each). Roll up into burritos; wrap each in heavy-duty foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the burritos until warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with the salsa, sour cream, and sliced avocado.
- The uncooked wrapped burritos can be frozen in freezer bags for up to 3 months. To reheat, remove from foil and microwave on high until warmed through.