- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as tarragon, parsley, chives, and dill)
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- thin toast spears, for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat two 6-ounce ramekins or small ovenproof dishes with the butter. Divide the cream, Parmesan, and herbs among the ramekins and stir to combine. Crack 1 egg into each ramekin; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until the whites are set and the cream is bubbling, 14 to 17 minutes. Serve with the toast.