- 5 leeks, white and pale green parts only, cleaned and halved lengthwise
- 1 pound asparagus (approximately 1 bunch), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the leeks and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and continue simmering about 3 minutes more, until both the asparagus and leeks are tender but green. Transfer both to a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain them, dry them, and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, and olive oil in a bowl. Spoon the vinaigrette over the leeks and asparagus. Top with the halved eggs and scatter with chopped capers and chives. Season generously with salt and pepper.