- Unsalted butter, for the pan
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar, plus more for the pan
- ¾ pound apricots (about 5), pitted and halved
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Powdered sugar and whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat a shallow 8-inch ovenproof round dish with butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place the apricots in the dish in a single layer.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, vanilla, half-and-half, and eggs in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the apricots and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.