- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the apricots, lemon juice, sugar, 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid becomes syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Fold in the pine nuts, scallions, and olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.