- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3-ounce bag Seneca Granny Smith Apple Chips
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. Set aside. Peel, core, and grate the apple. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter with a mixer until smooth. Add the maple syrup in a slow stream and continue beating about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and increase speed to medium-high. Beat until the batter is smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in the flour mixture, then the milk, until smooth. Stir in the grated apple and walnuts, then pour into a greased 10-inch cake pan.
- Bake until lightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Garnish the cake with the apple chips.