- 1 cup blanched or skin-on raw almonds
- kosher salt
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Pulse the almonds and ¼ teaspoon salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add 2 cups boiling water and process for 1 minute. Let sit for 10 minutes. Process until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Strain the almond mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible (discard the solids). Add as much water as needed to bring the yield to 2 cups.
- Refrigerate until cold, 1 to 2 hours. Add the honey or maple syrup to taste, if desired. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 4 days.