- 2 hamburger or hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs (such as oregano, thyme, basil, or an Italian herb mix)
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cut the buns into 1-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with the butter, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and the herbs, and toss. Bake, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sheet of parchment or foil and croutons off the pan to a counter to cool. (You can store the croutons in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.)