Celebrate Frappuccino’s 21st Birthday With a Cake Flavor
But you can only get it through this weekend.
What do a typical college junior and Starbucks’s Frappuccino have in common? They both celebrate their 21st birthday this year. And this weekend to celebrate, the coffee joint re-released its Birthday Cake flavor. The pink whipped cream topped vanilla bean and hazelnut drink will be available in participating stores from today, April 28 to May 2.
Not sure you want to step outside your regular order to try it? Our staff took the special flavor for a road test. Here were our thoughts:
It doesn’t gave off a major “cake” vibe.
- “I think it would looked more appetizing if it had sprinkles on top.”
- “It looks like Neapolitan ice cream without the chocolate more than cake.”
It’s surprisingly not too sugary.
- “Out of all the other special Frappuccinos I’ve tried, this one isn’t sickeningly sweet.”
- “It looks bubble gummy, but it doesn’t taste like that.”
- “It tastes like flavored milk or a vanilla milkshake.”
The consistency is... interesting.
- “I think it’s a little watery–but tastes like flavored milk or a vanilla milkshake.”
- “My sip was mostly little chips of ice.”
- “You get a smoother sip when you use the straw.”
It’s good if you’re not a coffee person.
- “If you’re looking for a coffee drink, this wouldn’t be the right choice.”