3 Easy Holiday Nail Ideas
That you don’t need to be an artist to create.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get festive for the holidays, we love the idea of having some fun with your nails. All it takes is a silver or gold glitter nail polish as an accent to get in the spirit. Don’t worry, we promise you don’t have to be a pro to pull off these looks. Follow these simple steps to save yourself a trip to the salon and DIY at home.
What You Need
- A jewel-toned nail polish
- Silver or gold glitter nail polish
- Fine-tip paint brush, makeup brush, or toothpick
Follow These Steps
- After your base coat, apply two coats of a jewel-toned polish. We like Morgan Taylor in All Tango-d Up ($9; loxabeauty.com), Morgan Taylor in Olé My Way ($9; loxabeauty.com), and Essie in New Year, New Hue ($9; ulta.com).
- Pick the metallic that best matches your base color (silver or gold). We like Essie in Stones ($9; macys.com) or Yves Saint Laurent in Dancing Bronze ($28; saksfifthavenue.com).
- For dots: Wipe off excess polish then use the tip of the brush to dab a small dot in the center of the base of the nail—just above the cuticle.
- For tips: Trace the edge of your nails with a thin line of the metallic glitter polish.
- For stripes: Grab a fine-tip paint brush, makeup brush or toothpick and dip it in the metallic glitter polish. Draw a thin line down the center of each nail.
- Whatever look you chose, finish with a swipe of a clear topcoat and you're all set!