The Best Face Wash for Your Skin Type, According to Customer Reviews
When it comes to the most important steps in a skin-care routine, we'd wager to say that right along with the right daily sunscreen, finding the best face wash for your skin type and texture takes the top spot. After all, washing away the day's sweat, makeup, dirt, and grime is essential for healthy skin to breathe and thrive, and any skin-care products that follow need to be applied to a clean surface.
Face wash's importance is echoed in just how many options are available on the market at any given moment (hint: a lot). Whether you prefer a thick balm, a cream cleanser, a lightweight gel, or a soothing cleansing oil, there are options out there for all types of skin—from sensitive and acne-prone to combination, dry, or oily—featuring key ingredients like essential oils, hyaluronic acid, and salicylic acid.
Here, we've given you a head start by pulling together some of the internet's best-reviewed facial cleansers and washes guaranteed to give whatever is currently on your top shelf a run for its money.
- Best for Acne: Murad Clarifying Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Acne: Differin Daily Deep Cleanser
- Best for Oily Skin: Drunk Elephant Beste No.9 Jelly Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Oily Skin: Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel Cleanser
- Best for Dry Skin: Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Dry Skin: Aveeno Ultra Calming Hydrating Gel
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Sensitive Skin: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Best for Blackheads: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Best Drugstore Option for Blackheads: Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser
- Best for Combination Skin: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Combination Skin: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Cleanser
- Best Natural Option: Avalon Organics Intense Defence Cleansing Gel
- Best for Brightening: TrueSkin Naturals Vitamin C Daily Face Cleanser
- Best for Exfoliating: Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser
- Best Drugstore Option for Exfoliating: Cetaphil Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
- Best for Men: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
- Best Drugstore Option for Men: Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser