Natural enough for day (and great for the office or brunch), this eye makeup looks polished and is surprisingly easy to pull off—you only need one eyeshadow!
What You Need
- Black eyeliner
- Shimmery cream shadow
Follow These Steps
- Apply a shimmery cream eyeshadow to the lids, blending it just past your crease. A neutral color works best for day (think taupe or peach). In the video, the makeup artist is using Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mousseline ($25, sephora.com).
- Line the upper lash lines with a black pencil.
- Line halfway across the lower lashline. This way, you'll get definition without it looking too harsh for day.
- Smudge the liner with a shadow brush for a lived in, softer look. Don't have one handy? A cotton swab does the trick.
- Dab highlighter under the brow bone, like Touch In Sol Light Bright Brow Spot Highlighter in Goldeneye ($21, millspharmacy.com), which comes in an easy-to-use pen. (If you don't have a highlighter, a champagne shadow works.)
- Apply a coat of mascara to top lashes only.