No time to redo your makeup for post-work plans? No problem. Take your eyes from day to night in under 5-minutes with these easy touch-up techniques.
What You Need
- Shadow brush
- Crease brush
- Eyeshadow palette
- Black eyeliner
Follow These Steps
- Line upper and lower lash lines with black pencil. If drawing one straight line intimidates you, take the pressure off by making short dashes until you form a line.
- Using an eyeshadow brush or cotton swab, smudge liner for a sultry, smoky look.
- Trace over top and bottom eyeliner with a dark shadow (think bronze, grey, or black) to add definition.
- Using a brush, blend the shadow up onto the center of the lid.
- Press a medium-tone shadow—browns are pretty and universally flattering—onto the lid.
- Using a crease brush (a tapered eyeshadow brush), blend the shadow into the crease.
- Brush light eyeshadow in the inner corners and along the brow bone. This palette—Nuance Salma Hayek Endless Eye Effects Shadow Collection in Neutral Expressions ($11, cvs.com)—has all three colors you need (plus a few others).
- Rim the waterline (the fleshy part inside your bottom lash line) with black pencil. This will intensify your eyes.
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.