The Updo That Works for Every Occasion
And doesn’t require a hairstylist.
The holidays can be stressful. From your children’s school parties to work gatherings to neighborhood get-togethers, there’s a lot to do. Which is why worrying about your hair is probably one of the last things on your list of to-dos. Trying to plan a different outfit for each party is hard enough. That’s where we come in. We’ve found the perfect style to throw together no matter what kind of gathering you’re going to. As long as your hair is below your shoulders then you’ll be able to pull it off. Follow these simple steps for an updo that works for all occasions.
What You Need
- Two hair ties
- Texture spray
- Lots of bobby pins
Follow These Steps
- If your hair is very straight then start by adding some texture in with a curling iron and texturizing spray.
- Divide hair into three sections: two on each side and one in the back.
- Put the back section of hair into a low bun and secure with a hair tie. Tug at all sides of the bun so it’s not too tight.
- Starting at the back of one of the side sections, take a small piece of hair (about an inch wide), spritz with a texturizing spray, and twist it away from your face until it’s taut.
- Once it’s twisted all the way down, tug at it a little to loosen it up and then lay the piece across your bun and pin the ends down and out of sight.
- Continue on both sides, crisscrossing the pieces over and around each other, on top of the bun. Add in some braids with the twists to create more texture.
- Finish by pinning down any stray hairs. Depending on the event you can add in an accessory to dress up the look even more.