Using only three products (hairspray, an elastic, and bobby pins) you probably already have in your bathroom, follow these easy steps so you can whip up a simple, yet super-sophisticated updo in under five minutes.
What You Need
- Hair spray
- Bobby pins
Follow These Steps
- Start with dry hair. Spritz on a lightweight hair spray to add hold and tame frizz or flyaways.
- Secure a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Pull it tighter underneath the base to ensure it stays in place.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections.
- Twist the two sections until you reach the end of the ponytail. Secure with a hair elastic, then, using your hands, rough up the twist to create volume (this will help your bun look bigger).
- Wrap the twist around the base of your ponytail, forming a bun.
- Secure the bun with a few bobby pins.
- Pull out a few pieces around your face for a soft, romantic touch.
- Finish with hair spray—ta da.